Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thing #12: Creating Community Through Commenting

As we dive deeper and deeper into blogging, I have found two favorite blogs: Cool Cat Teacher and Blue Skunk. Not surprising, their blogs were a part of this lesson. My two postings tips come from Cool Cat Teacher. First, make your comments meaningful. While affirmations of "I agree" or "great job" are nice, commenting should be a conversation. She even suggested that really good comments have nuggets of truth that inspire. Second, don't be afraid...to comment. Sometimes I have conversations in my head about not being afraid about a lot of things. I am fearful of commenting on these two blogs for fear of sounding stupid. I could see a comment back along the lines of "Newbie, I can tell." I am just hoping that they apply some of the grace Cool Cat Teacher talks about in her blog.

I did post on Cool Cat Teacher and Blue Skunk. I'll share the results if acknowledged.

Now off to post to my fellow newbie friends in the blog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment