Monday, June 21, 2010

Thing #13: Tagging and Discover Delicious

During a workshop this evening, the person sitting next to me kept pulling up her Delicious account and adding websites to it as the speaker was sharing. When I asked her about it, she said this was her favorite thing in all of "23 Things." No matter where she is, she can access websites that she knows will be helpful. Her tags of copyright was a page long. Of course, I had to go home and find out for myself. I can really see using this. Many a time I had someone share a great website with me and I would loose the slip of paper I had written it down on. With delicious, I can input it and access it from any internet connected computer.

I know that one day I will not have that daily or even weekly access with my friends in the library program. Sharing what we each find helpful in our jobs will be one way we can stay connected and continue to help each other.

I can see a lot of Delicious in my future!

4 comments:

  1. I've been using Ikeepbookmarks during this course to try to keep up with all these new web resources. I'm looking forward to exploring Delicious. It could be like LibraryThing versus Google Books--just so much better. But how do you keep up if you are always discovering new and better things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not gotten to this "Thing" yet but think I will like it from what you have described. I, too, have written many a website down somewhere and have forgotten about it after a while. This is a great technology tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed using Delicious, as I find great websites both at home and school. Before discovering Delicious, I would e-mail the URL to myself and retrieve it later. Delicious makes this whole process so easy! Glad you are enjoying 23 Things! Have fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious makes my life so much simpler. I have a personal account and I "created" one for my school library.. 6 year olds can't type a URL but they can type Delicious. I've taught all the students to go there for Web sites. It makes my life so much easier!

    ReplyDelete